Wednesday, August 29, 2007

VLLMA Encore and Hairspray

And the great Apple finally decided to grace us with her presence. :)

We finally got hold of our dear "mommy" for lunch @ North Park yesterday. As usual, she was her apple-licious self, full of stories and anecdotes that made us laugh all throughout lunch. Unfortunately, Les wasn't able to join us then so it still wasn't a VLLMA get-together.

Les did join Mich, Lui and me to see Hairspray after office. Cute movie, John Travolta was convincing in drag. :) I liked the songs, and of course panalo si Tracy Turnbland! Played by Nikki Blonsky, and High School musical's Zac Efron also joins the cast as Tracy's love interest. Other notable actors in this film are Michelle Pfeiffer, Christopher Walken, Queen Latifah, Elijah Kelley and Amanda Bynes.

Then, afterwards we had dinner at Cafe Breton for some crepes and coffee...and hot chocolate...and hot milk. :) To quote Lui's quote "A cup of coffee shared with a friend is happiness tasted and time well spent."

To end this post, I leave you with some lines from each of Hairspray's main characters.

Tracy Turnblad: I'm a bad, bad girl who needs to be punished.

Amber von Tussel: Right now, as we speak, your daughter has entered a hotbed of moral... turpentine.

Penny Pingleton: [about Amber] Plastic little spastic.

Edna Turnblad: [singing] You can't stop my happiness, 'cuz I like the way I am. And you just can't stop my knife and fork when I see a Christmas ham! And if you don't like the way I look, then I just don't give a damn!

Link Larkin: I was just at home, practicing my new twist on The Twist, when I overheard it on the news. I can't believe Tracy savagely bludgeoned an Eagle Scout. That's just not like her.

Seaweed: Calm down, cracker boy, it's cool.

Velma Von Tussle: Incredible! I could do a fan dance with a lettuce leaf and you would remain completely obtuse!

Motormouth Maybelle: Well, love is a gift, a lot of people don't remember that. So, you two better brace yourselves for a whole lotta ugly comin' at you from a neverending parade of stupid.

...and last but not the least!

Wilbur Turnblad: Honey, it took me five years to realize you were flirting! **Geekyobserver's comment: Typical male! :)

Hairspray Info Source: IMDB.com

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I never realized you've got a great memory...i luv it that you have posted these lines....

Haha, especially, that of Wilbur Turnblad: Honey, it took me five years to realize you were flirting! Hahahhaah....i agree with u!

i indeed pasted in my blog! luv yah, van. luv ur posts too!!!

and see u tom, i'll borrow ur senses card. =))
thanks to ur mom, for lending it to me....

[v.a.n] said...

Hi Lui! Yeah... that line really struck me as funny. :)

See u tom girl! Luv yah!