Sunday, April 26, 2009

Arrivederci Roma!

On our last day, we opted to just relax in the morning while waiting to hear mass. Packed up our stuff and just chilled, we didn't want to feel rushed anymore. We spent it taking pics at Tita Mildred's living room. And take a look at what we brought back to Bratislava. Granted, more than half was mine since I had to bring home 'pasalubongs' from Tita Mildred. I'd say there's about 12-15 kilos of cheese in there, with 4 bottles of Pesto, some salami, salsiccia and assorted chocolates. We also brought back 3 boxes of Easter cake, 1 of which was shared with our colleagues left in BTS.



And to cap off our Rome trip. we heard Palm Sunday mass at Don Bosco. The mass was in Italian, which was a new experience. We didn't have time to visit Via Appia or the catacombs anymore, but I promised myself that I will go back, possibly with Maitz, to visit the Vatican again, the Appian Way and to spend more time with our family.


All in all, my visit to Rome was a mix of ups and downs, timing could be the problem with the rally and all. And maybe we just didn't get a break with the airport security. But when I look back, and think on what I experienced, everything is overshadowed by the fact that I have been to Rome...the eternal city. The Vatican, I've been to places that have existed for centuries and have seen works of art that are unrivaled up to this day. And what's more, we had free accommodations, and such gracious hosts (thank you Tita Mildred!) What more could I have asked for?

I hope that the Trevi fountain lives up to its legend. I'm really hoping to return to Rome.

Arrivederci!

No comments: