Sunday, July 17, 2011

Harry Potter...until the very end.

[caption id="attachment_87" align="alignright" width="200"] It All Ends[/caption]

It's been 2 days since the final Harry Potter film has been released worldwide, and I've already seen it twice. The movie was epic. Hands down, one of my favorite movies to date, and the best Harry Potter movie of all time. Everything about the movie was amazing and I'll probably see it again soon.

And yet, I can't help but feel sad and empty now that I've seen the final film...

It's the end of an era. It truly is.

Without spoiling anything, here are the top 3 things I loved about the final film. Obviously, I'm not going to say the story, because without it, there wouldn't be a movie to begin with.

1. The acting - Of course, with the who's who of British cinema in this film, you can expect stellar acting from the senior members of the cast, but what surprised me is how much Dan Radcliffe, Rupert Grint and Emma Watson have grown and how well they are acting now - which is a far cry from where they started. Scenes are heartfelt, real and believable. And of course, Helena Bonham-Carter, Ralph Fiennes, Maggie Smith and most especially Alan Rickman delivered some of the strongest performances in the entire film.

2. The music - Especially during the battle of Hogwarts, and the Epilogue scenes... just magic.

3. Snape's memories - Honestly, when I read that part of the book, it seemed cheesy to me, but it was one of the best parts of film, absolutely terrific.

There's a lot more to love... but I can't think of a way to write them without introducing spoilers, which is not something I want to do especially to those who haven't read the books. But there is one thing I noticed in this film that I also didn't like too much in the last Deathly Hallows installment, it's that death scenes leave me cold and emotionless... when it should have pushed me to tears. When Hedwig died in the books, I was devastated, when it was shown in the first Deathly Hallows, it didn't create much impact - it's the same thing with Deathly Hallows 2, but I guess it made up for it with other emotional scenes so it's not a big deal.

For those who need a refresher, Warnes Bros Pictures created a fantastic video that is an excellent refresher for the past 7 films, and a great teaser for the current one. Enjoy!

No comments: