Sunday, January 18, 2015

Finding Comfort in the Familiar

I've changed.

Sure, everyone changes over the years, and I know I have made some improvements to myself, made the most of opportunities, achieved goals...but in the process I might have lost pieces of myself that make me who I am. Nothing too serious, but enough to make me question what's the point in getting what you want, when you miss out on things that used to matter?

I'm trying to change that this year, trying to find comfort in the familiar, going back to my old ways, putting in time for things that I used to enjoy and seeing what happens - resurrecting this blog, is one such example. Others, I already know from experience, might lead me straight down a path of complications.

Old habits die hard, and now I'm falling back to old patterns, familiar but potentially detrimental patterns. I already asked my best friend to keep me in check, if it ever comes to that, but in the meantime, I'm determined to have fun and just enjoy. If I'm right, and I have this under control, then I might be worrying about nothing at all.

No comments: