Thursday, September 06, 2007

New iPods! I'm in love!

The Beat Goes on event did go on and left the world wishing for new iPods (myself included). To view the The Beat Goes On Full Coverage (courtesy of Engadget), just click on the link.

In summary, they revamped the entire iPod line, with new colors for the iPod Shuffle, a (slightly) chubby Nano, better storage and battery life for the iPod Video, and an iPod with touchscreen...or an Iphone, sans the phone, called the iPod Touch. Oh and yeah, a $200 price cut on the Iphone, more affordable iPods, the new Itunes Wifi Store and a partnership with Starbucks coffee. :)

For the iPod shuffle, new colors, including a Product Red line to help fight AIDS in Africa (Available for shuffle and Nano). Nothing really exciting yet. $79 for a 1GB ultra-portable mp3 player. But the purple one is nice, and so is the red and the green...oh what the heck, I like them all!

The iPod Nano... apparently, this and not the iPod Video, is the most popular music player in the world, got a revamped look. Fondly(?) called the 'Fatty' for it's wider body... now carrying a 2" screen. But it's even thinner than the original Nano... and IMHO that's saying something. It can play 24 hours of audio and 5 hours of video on a full charge. $149 for 4GB and $199 for the 8GB. The tagline... 'A little video for everyone.'

The iPod Video...now called the iPod Classic comes with bigger storage and a slimmer frame. My 30GB iPod now seems paltry compared to a whopping 160GB iPod classic model. It has bigger capacity than my portable HD! The 80GB model plays 25 hours of audio and 5 hours of video, while the 160GB plays 40 hours of audio and 7 hours of video. The Classic retails at $349 for the 160GB and $249 for the 80GB model. Oh and yes, it has a slimmer frame compared to its 5th Gen predecessors.

And now... the iPod Touch. Basically, the IPhone without the phone features. It's gorgeous! The most obvious of all features of course, is the touch screen interface, set on a 3.5" screen. It plays 22 hours of audio and 5 hours of video. It has Wi-fi and a built-in browser. You can watch YouTube on your iPod Touch! Endless hours of fun. :) 8GB models are up for grabs at $299, while 16GB are at $399.

I like! But I think I'll wait for when the 3G IPhones become available here in the Phils. Oh and more storage please! If you ask me, if I were to upgrade my iPod, I'd choose one of the Classic models. :D It's an all in one music player/external HD in one! Or maybe the new Nano coz it's so thin and light! Or maybe even a red shuffle as a secondary iPod, for those times I just want to listen to music without the bulk. Hmmm... that's the entire iPod lineup, save for the Touch, hehe...but that's just wishful thinking. I'm perfectly happy with my 5th gen iPod so I won't be upgrading anytime soon. :)

Images from: Apple.com

No comments: