Friday, May 26, 2006

Food, food and more food...

May is such a fattening month!

1st, mother's day. We had two celebrations, for Lunch, we went to Seaside. First, in Diosdado Macapagal which was jam-packed with cars, so we tried to go to my favorite Jap resto, Red Kimono at the Fort, which was also packed. So, we decided to try another Seaside, this time in Ortigas. There were still a lot of people there, and we had to wait for a table at Aling Tonya's (great food!). Finally, we had a hearty lunch at 3PM, with some of my favorites, salt & pepper squid and butter & garlic shrimps. :)

Then, there's dinner with the Espiritus to celebrate Mother's Day for Nanay. :) We had dinner at Emperor's Court in New World...There was so much food! And since we couldn't eat much since we were still full from lunch, there were a lot of leftovers, which we divided so we can all have "baon" for Monday. We had a blast, as we usually do when we put all of us in the same room.

Fast forward two days later, May 16, my dad's birthday. He's 50 now! Happy birthday pa! Mwah! :) Another heavy dinner, I haven't felt hungry in days!

Next day, May 17, tito JRs bday and the annual blessing of the Espiritu residence. Which meant, another party! This time, with my cousins, aunts and uncles from the Bibiesca clan. My favorites on that night was the turon and the cucumber-something fruit shake...basically, the only things I could eat coz I was still reeling from the aftershocks of so much food.


Then, May 21. I'm a ninang again! This time to Andee, my aunt's baby girl. :) She looks so much like Tere when she was a baby, only Andee cries at the sightest inconvenience...and when she does cry it will rattle you to your very core. I mean, you can't imagine how loud this 3-month old is. But, adorable nonetheless. :) This time, we ate at Cantonese Kitchen in Jupiter, Chinese again.

Lastly, Mich's bday! May 23, we had lunch at Tempura at Convergys building. Food is pretty much like Teriyaki Boy, which was great. I love Japanese food. Happy bday Mich! And thanks for the treat!

And now, I need to work off all these calories... :-p

No comments: