Friday, May 26, 2006

On Da Vinci and The Last Stand

X3 wins hands down! :)

Hehehe... of course we can't really compare these two, but I didn't like Da Vinci code that much. I think Tom Hanks' performance was just average, and the actress that played Sophie was just so... blah. Ian McKellen as Teabing was a good call, as was Paul Bettany as Silas. :)

I guess this is what happens when you have such high expectations of something, you're bound to be let down.

Don't get me wrong, it wasn't a bad movie... not a great one either. The scenery was amazing though, but the subtle changes to the story didn't sit quite well with me. And I don't understand all the brouhaha that's going on about it. Even Sunday mass isn't spared...the movie wasn't all that convincing you know? The book had so much more impact, and it didn't seem to shake the Catholic faith that much now, did it?

Faith is faith. The book and the movie is fiction. Let's leave it at that.

Now, X-Men3 on the other hand, was just amazing! Great effects, great acting, great powers and great story... fun, fun, fun!

And don't leave until after the credits okay? You'll see what I mean.

Hopefully, there's still an X4 in the works.

No comments: