Saturday, July 28, 2007

Touch screen fun!

Woohoo! My gadget arsenal is slowly building. :)

I finally settled on a digital camera... why the sudden purchase you may ask? First of all, let me explain, I've wanted a digicam for years. And now, with office travels looming (one as early as September), I figured it would be the best time to buy one. This is my 3rd major purchase for 2007. The first was my SE Z610i last April, then my 120Gb portable hard drive, and now this. I'm thinking this will be the last for 2K7. :)

So... what did I buy? After weeks of research, I finally chose the Pentax Optio T30. Factors mainly considered for this was value for money, memory card format (I wanted an SD to simplify PC transfers), LCD screen, user reviews, picture quality and of course extra features... Among the best selling points for me was the the big, bright 3" LCD screen, the touch screen interface which just blew me away with its simplicity and responsiveness, and the fact that I can do so much with it! I can edit, resize, crop, modify, frame my pictures, even use the stylus to make notes on the photos, or even record sound commentaries to go with it! Isn't it just geeky?

And it's slim and stylish too! Not bad...not bad at all. :)



For more info, you can visit the Pentax website - http://www.digital.pentax.co.jp/en/compact/optio-t30/feature.html

Now all I need is a reason to start taking snaps so I can practice using my cam before I go to Ukraine. :p

No comments: