Sunday, July 22, 2007

No spoilers, I swear!

July 21, 2007... I've marked this date on my calendar for so long.

I reserved my copy for The Deathly Hallows last March 30, 2007... already anticipating what will become Harry's last journey in his quest to fight the Dark Lord. And yesterday, I finally claimed my copy of the long-awaited book from Powerbooks Glorietta, at approximately 10:20am (my copy was fourth from the left, bottom row).



Of course, I wasted no time devouring the book. Even reading at the SM Prestige lounge for the 5 minutes Jeng and I were there. Given my busy activities yesterday (see previous post), I think it's still an accomplishment that I read the last page at 00:28 last night.

I'm not going to write anything about the ending, or about what happened. As promised (to Mich and several others), there will be no book 7 spoilers in this post Instead, what I'm going to do is rate the Potter books in order of preference. Just so I can react to what I just read. :) But I guess it's safe to say that it is one of the best in the series. :)

  1. Half Blood Prince : Book 6 : Snape...how could you?!
  2. Deathly Hallows : Book 7 : No comment. No spoilers. :)
  3. Prisoner of Azkaban : Book 3 : The Marauders stole my heart.
  4. Order of the Phoenix : Book 5 : Used to be #5 in my list, but after a more careful re-reading, Occlumency and the Prophecy seemed like the turning point of the series.
  5. Goblet of Fire : Book 4 : Quidditch and The Triwizard tournament.
  6. Sorcerer's Stone : Book 1 : Where it all started, I read my British cousin John's copy when they were here in the Philippines, many many years ago, when people still didn't know who Harry was...and I was hooked. It was the Philosopher's stone in his book - UK edition, you see. :)
  7. Chamber of Secrets : Book 2 : Tom Riddle...introduced.

BTW, I loved all the books, I just had to rate them in some way. :)

I think I will be reacting in more detail in later posts... and I will give fair warning of spoilers. But in the end, loving this series or this book is really a personal preference. Everyone has an opinion, and in my opinion, Half Blood was the best. :)

No comments: