Monday, August 20, 2007

...

August 20, 2007... holiday and I'm at the office. It's like Sun Life all over again, Only no OT pay... I get off-in-lieu though :)

And guess what? I brought the car! First time to this office. That brings my total to 2, hehe. I brought the car to SLF once, for a badminton game, and now today, coz I really didn't have a choice since I was the only one who had to work. I probably will bring the car to work a few more times in the next few months....So, I've now driven the car to over 5 different locations. Nanay's place, the Fort, SLF, SSA and of course, to my weekend getaway, Glorietta (which is the only place I used to go to).

I really have to start driving... and I mean, not the weekend driving I do... but really driving. Maitz is moving to Singapore by October 1, and that leaves me with no "driver". May free parking naman kami e, so it's really just about me overcoming my "phobia" or whatever the hell it was that stopped me from driving 5 years ago. Oh and yeah...my complete lack of "direction", which is probably a little harder to overcome :D.

Anyway... Egay has finally left. Although skies are still a bit dark outside. The supertyphoon cancelled classes upto college from Wed-Fri, which resulted in a 6-day weekend for Tere and Sweet. I can't say I'm jealous...coz last Sat, we stayed at home for the entire day, doing a 5-disc DVD marathon, and I'd have to say I really felt bored and lazy... can only imagine 6 days of doing nothing. :p Yeah, I am sourgraping, just a tiny bit.

Jeng stayed over last Sat and slept over at my house until Sunday. She should have been there Friday night, but because of heavy rains, our streets were flooded so she was only able to come on Sat. And like I said, we stayed home all day, but we did go to Glorie for some malling and shopping yesterday. Finally bought a webcam for skype... finally got on the skype bandwagon. We also canvassed for laptops yesterday (for Maitz, not me) but I think she'll just be buying in SG... Me, I'm planning to buy a Macbook after my first travel (counting on the per diem to allow me to save enough for this). But this really isn't a priority.

Hmmm...I wonder when I'm going to schedule my first visit to Maitz in Singapore :) Of course this will include a side trip to Malaysia so I can see Mich. Really excited about the prospect :) Kudos to Maitz for closing the SG deal, hehe.

Nothing more to ramble about, till next post. :)

No comments: