Friday, August 24, 2007

http://blogactionday.org/



I came across this interesting site while reading the day's news at inquirer.net. Just click on the link for the full article.

To make a long story short, this blog aims to unite bloggers all over the world to write about one issue for a specific day. One issue. One day. The issue? The environment. The day? October 15, 2007. Mark your calendars.

I am a casual blogger. I write about my life, things I care about, things that I want to react to, movies, books, food... My readers are generally just contained to my friends, I may not have the reach of some bloggers but there is no way I am going to miss this "call to action". The environment is something that everyone should care about, and I am doing my own small part to promote this awareness to people who might come across my blog.

Imagine if thousands of "casual bloggers" like me posted about the same issue? Imagine how many ideas would be shared and how many people could be reached? The stats below would give you an idea.

As of August 24, 2007... 8:31 AM, Manila time, 51 days to go, there are already 2,505 registered blogs reaching an audience of over 2,742,388.

Be a part of this initiative. One day. One issue. Thousands of voices.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

cool! makes me want to join too! =)

[v.a.n] said...

Yep! The more the merrier :D