Monday, September 24, 2007

Maitz is moving to Singapore this coming weekend. Just a couple of weeks ago, she was wrestling with the idea of moving, and I can remember myself being all gung ho and telling her to go for it, and how I kept convincing her to accept the offer, all the while thinking that when she was there, I'll have a place to stay when I go to Singapore.

Selfish. I know.

But now that her move is just a couple of days away... I'm beset with a heavy heart, perhaps a tinge of guilt, and a loneliness that I can't seem to put into words.

I'm on the verge of tears every time I think about it.

And I know I'll cry if I dwell on it too long.

But I know that this is a good move for her, and I know she knows. She got a very good offer, a chance to be independent, good working hours, and the possibilty to continue her CFA studies. Things that she can't get here if she stayed.

I know it's going to be great for her, but I can't help but feel sad all the same... but it would be more selfish of me to try and make her feel bad about leaving, because when you look at it objectively, she is going to be better off.

And it's not as if Singapore is half a world away, right?

Maitz, I wish you all the best, I'm going to miss you, but I'll be sure to sneak in as many visits as I can. Mwah! Love you ate!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh van, i feel you, gurl!
i know how torn you are right now...

and no words can really make you feel better...even if you rationalize and think of all the beautiful things that'll happen for your sis, your family and you as well as she travels to S'pore. just feel the loss, acknowledge that you're losing something important and then bounce back! just think that you'll do travelling on your own and will be able to afford the multiple visits to spore, not to mention the numerous shopping you'll do once you get there...

and won't the bonding sessions with ate be a lot sweeter?

best of luck to your ate! and cheers to you gurl!

[v.a.n] said...

Thank you lui, that's really helpful advice. :) I know you've said it to me a couple of times before, but it feels good hearing (or reading) it again. There really is no way around the initial sadness... kailangan na lng talaga makaipon para madalas ang SG trips!