Sunday, October 28, 2007

All Work and Some Play...

It's been really busy at work for the past few days...I've been going home at 10 in the evening, and even spent my Saturday holed up in the office. We did go to Polus for dinner, but before that, Eisel, Jeni, Treenah and I took some pics at the lake. The trees are already starting to change color, and there were people feeding the ducks at the lake, the scene was picture perfect.




Anyway, we ate at a McDonalds, I've been craving for a burger for a week now. I had the McRoyal Menu (Menu = meal = with fries and drinks). I think it's the same as Quarter Pounder Meal back home, only grilled so possibly healthier... hehe. It's always an adventure ordering here, sign language is heavily used, and so is making wild guesses as to what the person is saying. Thankfully, I've still gotten what I want every time.

The walk to Polus was long, and somewhat unsettling... While walking, we noticed a group of guys who seemed drunk... so we crossed the street to avoid them. We could hear their boisterous laughter as we passed. Then, we walked by this stadium that seemed so empty, and so quiet, my imagination couldn't help but run wild.

And the walk home was even worse...We left Polus at 6:30, but it was already dark. I didn't want to go back the way we came, so we took another route. It was fine for a while, and then we passed by another group of guys who even approached us! Nothing else to do but keep our heads down and keep walking... thank goodness they didn't follow us, but it made us anxious just the same. And we passed another seemingly empty structure, I just couldn't help but feel really nervous. We got back to the office at around 7 and went home at around 10:30.

Anyway, I've adjusted my clock to 12:00 again... and I say again because time will shift an hour backwards to mark the end of summer time/DST. Now, we're 7 hours behind Manila. It's bound to confuse people not used to DST like us Filipinos, hehe. We'll be going to St. Ladislav again tomorrow, and hopefully Avion. But to be honest, I wouldn't mind just spending the day in the hotel, watching CNN or downloaded series on my laptop. :) Gdnyt!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice nice DST, hehehe actually na kaka confuse nga yan pag kausap namin bossing namin.. :) so uusog na pala.

Hehehe turo turo pala ang fast food dyan.. ang saya may mcdo! wala sila kiddie meal? hehehe. Sana mag ka Jollibee din sa Europe... pag nag kataon alam mong mayaman na talaga ang Jollibee... :)