Tuesday, October 09, 2007

October 9, 2007

I turned 25 today. :)

And I had wonderful day...starting with a visit to GT tower for breakfast at Mader Evelyn's Nutrition Club. So far, I'm really enjoying having shakes for breakfast. :) And hopefully, I'll be able to keep up the habit when I'm in Slovakia.

Then, I met up with the Manila-based VILLMAnians, which is just Apple and Les at this point, along with Greyson, JV and Wendell for lunch at Pizza hut Bistro. Had a great time reminiscing and talking about Sun Life and updating each other on what's going on with our lives. I also stopped by at Sun Life to say hi to my other friends there. I was hoping to catch Tine before she left, but sadly I wasn't able to meet her. :( I did see Manny though...hmmm... I don't know what's with him anymore. Maybe it's because we just haven't been in touch since I left.


Then, back to work...we're really busy now because of our upcoming trip, so I wasn't surprised when Elaine (my team lead) called a meeting at around 4pm (merienda time, I had food delivered). Elaine, Ria and I went to the meeting room, and she said that there were a lot of changes to the FS of the APIs I was working on...I was already feeling apprehensive, as I had a lot to do already. Kyle also joined us, which made everything seem like it was just an ordinary meeting. And then John told Elaine she had a phone call, so Elaine stood up, went outside, and went back in and told us that the phone call might take long so we should just reschedule the meeting. Fine, I stood up and went outside with the rest of my teammates and to my surprise, the entire RB BT team was standing outside with a cake for me! With a happy birthday song and a candle and everything! I was really touched and surprised. :)

Thanks to the organizers, I don't know who they are exactly, but I think special mention goes out to my teammates, Elaine, Ria, Kyle and Eisel and John, who was also part of the big charade, and to Grace for the pics. :) It really made me feel welcome and it was a really wonderful way to spend an afternoon with officemates.

And last but not the least, a birthday dinner with my family and the rest of the Espiritu clan. As usual we had my titos and titas from Magallanes and Sandejas come over for dinner. It was bday and despedida in one. We had a Japanese themed dinner and everyone had their fill of sashimi, tempura, kakiage, misono steak, japanese fried rice and coffee jelly for dessert. All cooked by Axle and company, hehehe. Yum!

All in all, a really great bday. :) Thanks to all those who greeted me and made my day special.

No comments: