Sunday, January 13, 2008

Retail Therapy

When depressed, some people eat, work out, cry...for me and my ate, we shop.

I've been down, anxious and bummed all week last week. Largely due to the fact that there may be cmplications on my Schengen visa application, and possible travel to Kiev next week! *Sigh* Anyone who knows me, knows I love to travel... but never alone. :(

Anyway, fast forward to yesterday, since I'm more or less resigned to my fate, what else can I do but prepare for my upcoming trips...I went to Glorietta with my family and with the combination of hundreds of retailers, a balance free credit card and an actual purpose to shop, what do you get? A happy and calm Van. :D

I bought a new wallet and 2 bags at Girbaud. A weekend bag, and a multifunctional travel/sling bag. I bought new handcarry luggage, new clothes from Dorothy Perkins & Debenhams, new blush from VMV, nail files, buffers and cuticle treatments, skincare from Mario Badescu, and I even went grocery shopping at Landmark, tuna anyone?

So now, I'm even feeling a little excited about leaving... albeit on my own. :)

I still have a few more things to buy before I go... wool socks, a new pair of gloves, another warmer...but I'm feeling more optimistic that my departure date will still be on Feb 1. So, I still have time to shop.

Now, I only have my Austrian embassy interview tomorrow to worry about. I hope it goes well :SS.

No comments: