Tuesday, February 19, 2008

A Week's Worth of Entries...

Feb 11, 2008
Tomorrow, Jeng will be turning 26. Ate ko na naman siya... hehe. Anyway, Jeng, Maitz and I celebrated her bday early at John and Yoko's, Greenbelt5. I totally enjoyed the food. We had Japaella, Oyster OVerload, Bacon wrapped Asparagus, Beef with Enoki and fruit shakes. Afterwards, we were too full to eat dessert so we just had hot chocolates at Max Brenner. :)
----------------
Feb 12, 2008
Happy Birthday Jeng! :D

----------------
Feb 13, 2008
Pre-valentines date? Not... Hehe. We finally pushed through with the dinner plans that never was. I had dinner at Recipes with Archie, Eric, Windel and Cy. It was... better than I anticipated. For some reason... I was really anxious about the dinner...but I survived, and even had a great time. Thanks to Chie for organizing the event, sa susunod ulit. :)

---------------
Feb 14, 2008
Ah... love is in the air... and I... don't care. ;))
Happy hearts day everyone!
But I was not without a dinner date...my wonderful parents surprised me and my siblings with dinner at Casa Armas. :D We had the house specialties, 1/2 Cochinillo, Paella Valenciana, Baked Clams and Prawn Thermidor. We also had a pitcher of Sangria to finish off. Thanks Ma, thanks Pa! You're the best! :D Lablab! Mwah mwah!

---------------
Feb 15, 2008
Okaaay...may rally na naman. Ewan ko ba. Masyado na nila ginagamit ang 'people power'. Trafik na naman sa Ayala. Oh well... we were allowed to go home early, because of it. Buti naman... I still need to pack. :D

---------------
Feb 16, 2008
Aaaaah!!! I'm leaving in 12 hours and I'm still half-packed. Grr... how do you stay within luggage limits when you're packing for cold weather?!! Damn... hopefully the check in counter girl (or guy) will be lenient... and she (or he) won't charge me for excess baggage. :( Grr..I'm at 26 kilos pa rin. If only I were booked on an SQ flight :(

---------------
Feb 17,2008
Bratislava, Slovakia.

I'm back! I think the trip went very smoothly... But it was really frustrating when we checked in. First of all... ang haba ng pila...we stayed for about an hour as the queue inched forward...only to find out there was a separate queue for online checkin. *rolls eyes* The line was soo long you wouldn't have known there was a separate counter for that...plus, hinatid pa ako sa pila nung isang mama from the Xray post, so I assumed it was just that line.

Anyway... we switched lines as soon as I realized there was a different counter, but, as expected I had excess baggage. I was half waiting for her to say, "okay... here are your boarding passes." But no... I had to unload some of my stuff. I tried... but couldn't really decide... I kept thinking about what I would spend here if I left some of my stuff... and then my other stuff was worth more than the excess baggage I had to pay. So... I just decided to pay. The price for my inability to pack light? 97USD... This will be the last time I ever go beyond the baggage limit.

But then, everything was smooth sailing after that... I think Emirates is a very nice airline, touch screen pa ang TV ko. :D Although SQ has more channels to choose from, the Emirates selection was enough. I was even able to watch Darjeeling Unlimited which is still showing in theaters back in Manila. :) The flight stewardesses were very nice...and accommodating. Food was also good. And there wasn't much turbulence throughout the flight.

Then, the Dubai International Airport... this place reminds me so much of home. :D Ang daming Pinoy! And because of that... the entire ambiance of this enormous airport just seemed so warm... so different from the cold ambiance of the Frankfurt airport. We had enough time to scour the duty free. I was sooo sleepy that time that we went to the gate hours before our scheduled time... and I just made myself comfortable on the floor and took a short nap. :D

The flight to Vienna was also uneventful...although we took off about 30 minutes late due to 'traffic' on the runway. It was another 6 hours until we reached Austria. But this itinerary is way better than last years... where we spent around 29 hours on the trip (with 3 transit stops!)

When we got to Vienna, it was -2 degrees outside. We easily made it through immigration, got our luggage and then headed out. Our driver was already waiting. From there, it was about a 45 minute drive to Bratislava.

So now, I'm back again... and all I can think about is going to Paris! Some officemates and I are going to Paris over the Holy Week. We already booked tickets... now all we need is a hotel. :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

i enjoyed reading ur post, van. na-miss ko yan ah! grabe, ang lamig pala sa bratislava ngayon...sabi nila sa kazakhstan din daw. buti na lang di ako natuloy dun. ;))

♥ Mitsikoy ♥ said...

wow! paris!!! haaaaaaay! hehehe! :)

Anonymous said...

hi van... welcome back to our club... the ex-sunlifer global edition club.. hahaha...wish you well in all your endeavors... ingat!

[v.a.n] said...

@Lui, Mas malamig sa Kazakhstan! Grabe... buti na lng nga di ka natuloy. If ever dapat mga summer months ka na pumunta dun... para kahit paano di ganun kalamig. :D

@Mich, Yes! Paris! I can't wait!

@Jong, Ok yan a! Buti na lng we have blogs to keep us all updated... kahit san man tayo mapunta. ;) Ingat din!