Monday, March 03, 2008

My Thoughts on the GMA-Lozada-NBN Circus

Before I post updates on my trip to Wien (Vienna), and the Erste dinner we had last Friday, let me first share something I read on Inquirer.Net today -> Has Lozada been playing us for fools all along?

The title says it all. And the article is concise and to the point.

I do not support Lozada. LaSallian or not, I will not support something I don't believe in. His actions (or acts?) on TV and all this publicity he's relishing in makes me doubt his true intentions.

Neither am I pro-GMA. But I do not want her to be ousted. And really, the name-calling? The midget remarks, the luckiest bitch comments? She's the president for godssake! Show some respect! Corruption will not be solved by switching presidents left and right. Just let her finish her term and elect another candidate that you won't regret later on. And while on that note, why don't we have a more selective process for candidates running for president? Why not have only 2 or 3 QUALIFIED candidates? Not the mass of choices we get every elections which dilute the majority vote and force us to choose the 'lesser' evil, and cast a ballot for the most likely to win.

And all these rallies?!? People power and all that? I don't buy it, not even for a minute.

And even people I used to respect are jumping in on the bandwagon... are they really looking out for the country's best interest? Will replacing GMA be for the greater good? Who will replace her? Noli is next in line, he may be willing but he has yet to prove he's capable of leading the country. And now ERAP is once again joining the fray?

I want to throw up.

I'm really disappointed, irritated and very very close to apathy. Sooner or later, I just wouldn't care.

No comments: