Monday, February 25, 2008

Attempt #1

As promised, here's my documented first attempt at cooking. The dish, beef with brocolli.

Background first, in order to save, Jesse and I partnered up with Grace and Ivy for lunch meals. Each of us have to cook 1 dish for the week, and then we'll eat out once a week. So, after mass today, we went shopping for groceries at Tesco.

It was fun looking at meats, veggies and visualizing what you can do with them. The moment I saw the brocolli flowers, inspiration struck. What could be easier than stir-fry cooking right?

Back at the flat, I wasted no time slicing up the meat into thin strips. Then mixed it together with oyster sauce and some sweet soy sauce. I gotta tell you, there's something satisfying about mixing raw meat with your hands, hehe.

Then, chop up a bit of garlic, a bit of ginger, heat up the pan and add the garlic. Mmmm...garlic sizzling in oil always smells so good. Add the ginger, wait a few moments and then add the beef. Stir fry until cooked. Actually, I let mine simmer for a while in its own juices to make the flavor set in and the beef more tender.

Afterwards, add the brocolli, stir a few more times to make sure it's cooked.. and voila, beef with brocolli. :D



I gotta tell you, it tasted good. :) Hopefully, Jesse, Grace and Ivy will agree with me. ;) Bon Apetit!

1 comment:

♥ Mitsikoy ♥ said...

Wow! looks yummy... :]