Tuesday, June 17, 2008

SG/KL Chronicles : Singapore Night Safari

OK, so I was on vacation from May 31-June 8, took the time to visit Kuala Lumpur and Singapore! I know the post is long overdue, but better late than never, right?

I took a page out of Louie's blogging style, making a lot of short posts instead of one very long one. So I decided to put up one post at a time, of each memorable moment of my 9-day vacation.

So, for memorable moment #1 (btw, this is in chronological order), is the Singapore Night Safari.



Having visited more than enough zoos in my lifetime, including the San Diego Zoo and Avilon here in Manila, the Singapore Zoo didn't strike me as a must see during my short visit, but the night safari was a different story. Imagine, seeing nocturnal animals up close in a semblance of their natural habitats. Interesting.

Now, I pretty much suck at taking night mode pictures... but the tram ride was a really great experience. With the cool night breeze, and the crisp air, it was a very pleasant experience traveling from one spot to the next. And it's really the closest I've been to animals, with some of them close enough to touch. Granted, they were just deer, but hey, it's a new experience for me not seeing them locked up in cages.

Aside from the tram ride, the real adventure lies with taking the walking trails around the night safari. However, with Maitz being night blind, Jeng and tita Nina tired, and me, pretty much terrified by the thought of encountering frogs in the dark, we abandoned the idea.

Other things to see are The Creatures of the Night show, and the fire dancers, who were very entertaining. :) Check out the video below.



For more pics, check out my SG album on Multiply.

No comments: