Monday, July 21, 2008

Flat Pictures :)

Ah... home sweet home. :) At least for the past 3 weeks. I realized I haven't posted pics of my flat yet, so here they are.

Well, this is my flat. Kitchen, living room, dining table, the bathroom is on the other side. I'm standing beside the bed when I took this pic, so that pretty much gives you a general layout the place.


The sala is probably the least used area in the place. One, there were no English channels on the TV. Two, table was too low to put my laptop on and three, I didn't really have much time to lounge around. I just used this during weekends, when I was just kicking back with a book.


The kitchen...probably the most used place in my flat. :) I cook every day, and have a lot of fun combining ingredients to make the most of my limited pantry. Oh, and yes, I kept its pristine condition coz I'm terribly obssessive compulsive so after each meal was cooked, everything was cleaned and wiped down. :)



My walk in closet! I always wanted one of these! This is directly adjacent to the kitchen, but fortunately, my clothes didn't smell like food even though I cooked everyday. I loved this closet and when I get my own home, will probably put in something like this in as well. :)



And lastly, the laundry and shower area. The toilet was in a separate room. Probably the biggest advantage to being in a flat, next to cooking of course, was being able to do laundry. I used to hand wash every day when I was in the hotel, and it's a bit tedious. Now, I just put everything in (similar colors of course), and after 30 minutes, I just have to hang them out. Easy. :) Which came in handy since I was bringing home clothes after each trip to the mall. ;)



And of course, the view from my room. I actually took this with a makeshift tripod, using a candle, a wine glass, with my camera on night mode with a 2 second timer. I don't think it still came out the way I wanted it too.. with the moon so bright and the moonlight cascading on the unfinished building...sorta looks creepy but I liked the whole melancholic vibe that it gave off.



I realized I have no other pictures of my trip here on my camera... really didn't do much at all. It was office from Mon to Friday, shopping on Saturdays, then church and groceries on Sunday. And in between, all the rituals of keeping a clean house. I'm pretty much settled in to the routine, but still not quite sure whether I want to keep on doing this. All I can say now, is that I'm looking forward to going home on Friday.

No comments: