Monday, August 04, 2008

Impossible Things are Happening Everyday

"Impossible...it's possible..."
Can't get the tune out of my head. :)

I watched Cinderella with Kat, Jo, Ai and Yobi last Saturday. And all I can say is.. Lea was fantastic! I missed seeing her play Kim in Miss Saigon many years ago, she was sick on the day Maitz and I watched it but it was all right, coz her understudy was also good... and the guy playing the Engineer was amazing.

But I digress...back to Cinderella. The play was very nicely done, and the cast was great! If there's one thing to gripe about, it's the fact that we were so far up the balcony that there was a time that we couldn't see the actors heads! The play was funny, entertaining, romantic and had enough 'magic' to entertain little kids (and kids at heart).

The songs however, especially in Act 2, were a bit 'lulling', it must be because it was the 'romantic' part already and most of the songs were waltz-like or lullaby like... not like the 'The prince is having a ball!' kind...watch it and you'll see what I mean.

As for the actors, the ensemble cast was great! My favorites were (with the exception of Lea of course,) the fairy godmother and the evil stepsisters, Portia and Joy, oh and the rats :)) they were cute. :P

If you have time (and if tickets are still available), you really should see this play... Lea was really great, and she looked like a child! See it with friends, or with kids and family. And afterwards, I'm sure you'll be saying the same thing I'm saying, that impossible things are happening everyday. :)

No comments: