Wednesday, August 06, 2008

Four days of Twilight to Eclipse

First there was Harry... and then Arty... and now...Edward.

These guys keep me up at night, but I can't really blame them. ;) It's my fault... I have an obsessive need to know what happens next. I really can't put a good book down once I start it.

Yes, books! What did you think I was talking about? Harry Potter, Artemis Fowl, and Edward Cullen of the Twilight series by Stephanie Meyer.

I started reading Twilight last Sunday, because I was only able to complete the first 3 books then. Can you imagine I bought Twilight from Powerbooks Glorietta, Eclipse from A Different Bookstore and my last acquisition, New Moon from Fully Booked, Bonifacio High Street? The last book, Breaking Dawn came out yesterday, I'll probably buy my copy this weekend.

The story is of a human girl who falls in love with a vampire, sounds cliche right? But everyone seems to be talking about it so my curiosity got the best of me. Twilight turned out to be better than I expected, much, much better... as I couldn't put it down. It was described as a 'seductive' book, which I couldn't imagine since it was fiction for young adults, but when I read it, I had to agree. It was for lack of a better word, 'kilig', and I couldn't help but fall for the characters in the story, especially Edward Cullen, who by the way will be played in the movie by the guy who played Cedric Diggory in Harry Potter.

Of course, whenever I'm into a book, I really can't do much else except read. I slept at 2:30am that night, not even thinking about work come Monday morning. I had a few pages left, which I finished before coming to work that day.

So, when I came home from work, I just had to read New Moon. And read I did... but this book was so much...weaker than the first one... and I was starting to feel that this really was a 'young adult' book while reading it. But I still slept at 2 to finish it.

Then yesterday, I started reading Eclipse, a little less enthusiastically I might add. It's better than New Moon, but nowhere near as good as Twilight was. I didn't even stay up that late to finish it. I finished reading this evening, and although it had some great moments, Eclipse really made the female lead character, Bella, so irritating... I swear while I was reading some of the pages my eyes were rolling. She was sooooo very annoying! But it's still a good read... I just have some personal pet peeves that came out while reading this book.

I'm not sure if my sentiment is shared by the others who read these books. With Twilight being such an amazing read only to let down by the succeeding books... but I'm optimistic, they say Breaking Dawn is good and I don't have long to wait. I'll let you know how it is over the weekend. ;)

I wonder when Time Paradox (Artemis Fowl book 6) will be released here as well? Been waiting for that for some time now... hehe.

No comments: