Sunday, August 10, 2008

Breaking Dawn...at last :)

It's 2AM, and I finally finished the last book of the Twilight Saga, Breaking Dawn. Sure, there's still a possibility of continuing the story, but practically every conflict was resolved in the last installment of the series.

I'm not promising there won't be spoilers in this post, so if you don't want to know, you know what to do. Anyway, I enjoyed the book, it was definitely better than the last two were. And finally, Bella finally had some redeeming qualities. There were twists that would catch some readers by surprise, and I'm sure a lot would be immersed in the 'world' that Stephanie Meyer has painted...Not me though, I've been reading vampire novels and other books of the sort since I was 12 (that's more than a decade ago), so just the slightest hint would already have me guessing what would happen. But still, I really enjoyed this book, and I can't help but wish that the story can continue, and the adventures of the Cullens will go on.

But I do have one gripe... I was all set for an epic battle, clearly a sense of bloodlust was also in me while I read through the pages, but then things had to get all peaceful just like that *rolls eyes*. It's annoying how Stephanie Meyer would build up to such a climax and have it fizzle out in the end...so very anti-climactic.

As can be expected, the story ends happily...which truly proves this is a 'young adult' book... I can almost say children's book...since Harry Potter (any one of the books from 5-7) was at least ten times more intense than the entire series combined. Like I said, the last two books were rather weak, and I think as an actual 'saga', the 2nd and 3rd books could have been combined into something that skipped over some of the boring (and sometimes downright annoying) parts.

Now all that's left is to wait for the movie coming up in December, I added links to some trailers below. Oh and Stephanie Meyer is currently working on 'Midnight Sun', this time it's Edward's turn to tell the tale. No publication date yet, but I guess that's also something to look forward to.







No comments: