Friday, September 09, 2011

Jeepney

I rode a jeepney today.

To be honest, I don't usually take the jeep anymore, when I do, it's normally just because I'm lazy to walk, but to actually ride a jeep to get to a destination, I think it's been years.

But anyway, today I made the conscious choice to ride a jeepney to get to the mall so I could meet my best friend. I could have taken a cab, but for some reason, I decided to take the jeepney instead.

Ahh...the warm wind in your hair, the smell of exhaust in the air, being forced to squish into a confined space like sardines, being jerked around by the constant stops and starts as people get on and off the jeep, the sudden burst of speeds that make you feel like you're in a high speed chase, and finally, finally reaching your destination looking like a frazzled mess (or maybe that's just me).

Takes me back to my good old school days. :)

Honestly, riding the jeepney is not so bad, and even though I haven't really taken the jeep for such a long time, there's a sense of familiarity about it that I miss. It's good to know that there are some things you don't forget, in my caseits how to survive riding a jeep in Manila.

No comments: