Sunday, September 04, 2011

SEA Odyssey : Transportation and Hotel Expenses

To help categorize the next few posts as part of my 10 day, 4 country, 5 city tour, I'm prefixing all posts related to it with SEA (South East Asia) Odyssey. In my last post, I shared the schedule and basic itinerary. In this post, I'm sharing the fixed costs which include the airfare, bus trips and hotel rates. Please take note, we did not incur any hotel costs in Singapore because we stayed with relatives and friends, so that cost is not included in the computation below.



So, basically for P16, 258.38 (approximately 400 USD), we were able to visit 5 cities and have a good place to sleep. Variable costs, like food, shopping, souvenirs, entrance fees, tour fees etc. for me totaled to not more than 500 USD (and I did shop quite a lot), so I'm assuming you can make this cheaper if you're not out to shop.

Hope this post was helpful in planning out your budget! Oh, and another note, if you're from the Philippines, or other SEAsian countries, no visas are required. There might be additional costs involved to process visa requirements, so please check that out as well. :)

No comments: