Monday, August 19, 2013

Ikkoryu Fukuoka Ramen - Rainy Day Comfort at SM Aura Premier

One rainy evening, I convinced my sister to try this newly opened ramen joint in SM Aura.

I ordered the Ajitama tonkotsu ramen and Tere ordered the black garlic tonkotsu. Both arrived promptly which was good because by that time (almost 9pm) I was ravenous.

Ajitama

The noodles were thinner than the normal noodles in other ramen joints. You also have a choice of normal or hard noodles, personally I prefer the hard (al dente) noodles. The ajitama was very flavorful, i loved it, but if you're not fond of eating eggs, stay away from this dish.

Tere's black garlic tonkotsu was a bit too oily for me, and the flavor tasty, but not to my liking. Tere preferred this over my Ajitama though, so I guess it's a matter of preference.

We also got gyoza and it was also very good, probably one of the best I've tried.

We ended the meal with a scoop of sea salt caramel and green tea ice cream, which were both so good and would be reason enough for me to come back.

And since I mentioned I'm on a diet in my last post, I'll be rating the cheat meals I post if they were worth it or not.

Cheat Score: Worth it!

Where: Level 2, SM Aura Premier, Bonifacio Global City, Taguig City

No comments: