Friday, January 30, 2015

Getting Back Into the Flow

I've always loved yoga, started practicing when I first started working over a decade ago, but always ended up following this cycle: Attend a class -> get familiar with the poses -> stop paying for classes -> practice at home -> get lazy -> stop practicing.

Anyway, it's been years since I last did a full yoga sequence, and I always wanted to come back, but either felt too lazy, or unwilling to commit (yeah, I have commitment issues). Good thing Deal Grocer came out with a 15 day unlimited pass for P500. It was too good to pass up, given that most yoga studios have a P500 walk in rate per class. :)

So I went on my first class today, a Vinyasa Open Level class. The Urban Ashram yoga studio at BGC was gorgeous and spotless, and quiet, and practically empty, so in short, it seemed perfect. I was also lucky that there were only 3 of us in the class, so our instructor, Mel, was able to really focus on our form over the course of the class.

Let me tell you, it was challenging, tough but not frustrating. My focus, balance, and strength was pushed to the limit, but man did I enjoy it. And the shavasana at the end? I was ready to go back to sleep and just skip work altogether, LOL.

Schedule permitting, I'm taking a few more classes to make the most of my voucher.

Sharing some of my favorites from today's class. :)

Warrior Poses:



Planks, cobra and downward facing dog transitions:



In our class, the flow was different, moving from cobra to upward dog, plank to downward facing dog. Will try the sequence above tomorrow.

I really hope I don't get lazy with this, I completely enjoyed my last class, I just hope I can be consistent this time around. :)

No comments: