Tuesday, October 02, 2007

When something tragic happens, you don't expect it to happen to someone you know, and yet sometimes, you hear something in the news that makes you realize just how wrong you are.

This afternoon, Ed CaƱizares was driving in Pasig, and had an altercation with another driver, Ed was shot several times and was prononounced dead on arrival at the Medical City. He used to be my boss in PLDT, and he was also my friend. With him at the time was Kay Palmero, I also knew her, and she just arrived from Singapore to attend what would have been Ed's bday celebration tomorrow...she stepped out of the car to try and appease the two drivers, she was also shot and died shortly after.

I don't know all the details yet, but I was unnerved by the events. Ed just celebrated his birthday yesterday, and Kay? She came home to attend a party! I just couldn't believe it. The person who shot them is already in custody, a lawyer, and I hope that my friends will get justice. I hope that the man who shot them will pay for his crimes.

Please, spare a minute to pray for the eternal repose of the souls of Ed and Kay. "Eternal rest grant unto them O Lord, and let perpetual light shine upon them. From the gates of hell, deliver their souls O Lord, May they rest in peace. Amen."

UPDATE: If you would like to pay your respects, Ed's remains are in Manila Memorial in Sucat, and Kay's are at Arlington Memorial near Araneta.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

it's so sad that just because of a traffic altercation, 2 lives are lost. my condolences to you and the families of ur friends, Ed and Kay.

I guess, there's no proper words to console their families at this time. Let's just pray that their pains will be healed.

Anonymous said...

Hey, I know this guy too from TIM's annual bowling event and when I was a consultant for PLDT.

I was watching TV when I saw his name and was wishing it was someone else. I'm so sorry for his family.

Anonymous said...

Kay is a good friend of mine and i'm saddened by her tragic loss. Another Friend and I were with her 2 weeks ago in singapore and we had such a good time. I will surely miss you Kay! and to he man who did this to her...I HOPE AND PRAY THAT YOU ROT IN PRISON !!!

Anonymous said...

good and honest people doesn't deserve to die like like this! i hope that criminal will rot in jail!

Anonymous said...

she is just so wonderful to be with, always smiling. she was always there to lend an ear to my problems, never judgmental. i will miss you Kay, i'm gonna miss you for a long, long time!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

hi, you dont have to publish this comment. i was driving along shaw that day at around noon and witnessed something similar to your story (im not sure if this was it, but what's the chances of the same incident happening at roughly the same place on the same day). i was horrified to watch and see the crime. i only hoped that the victims were going to end up okay eventually, but as from your story it was a tragic ending. ill pray for them and families. such a needless loss. moreso, it's good that the suspect is already in custody, i really hope swift justice prevails in this case.

Anonymous said...

Why did this have to happen? As long as there are abusive people like this lawyer, we will always be at risk. It is about time that death penalty be resurrected so that people like him can be sentenced to death. Most people in the government feel they are above the law and act like they are Gods. This is how immature these people are. This lawyer deserves to rot in hell! KAY I WILL MISS YOU SO MUCH !!!!

Anonymous said...

http://www.abs-cbnnews.com/storypage.aspx?StoryId=94578
this is an article that has the manito guys face in it. last night while watching the news in abs they said that the family refuse to give comment on the media since they are mad on how the media is playing this.

hello! how should the media play this story anyways? he's a lawyer! he knows the law. and hasn't he butt heads with someone in court before? does he tag along his gun with him? and down grading it to homicide?! how can you not have intent to kill?! Why was he carrying his gun outside his car for?

If he cheats his way out of this, I pray to God he has nightmares about this for the rest of his life.

Jonnie Boy said...

I am based in the UK but worked at the same firm as Kay. I was on a course with her a few months ago and saw here recently in Vancouver at our annual company kick off. She was a beautiful and lovely lady. All of use will miss her loads....I also hope this guy rots in jail and is hounded by his fellow inmates. If he gets off for any reason, I will raise merry hell over here to put pressure on the Phillipines government to get him sorted!!